Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumors of a PS4 4.50 hack

By Wololo

User racer0018 on scene website psxhax claims that he is in contact with a group of hackers working on PS4 exploits. The hackers allegedly are working on an exploit that works on the still-in-beta PS4 firmware 4.50.

According to racer0018, the group has been looking for beta testers, who are comfortable with soldering a device on their PS4, with the potential risk of a brick.

There are lots of red flags with this announcement. First of all, racer0018 himself. He’s a veteran of the PS3 scene with a mixed track record. The scener used to provide hardware mods for the PS3, with mixed satisfaction results from his customers.

Some at the time would only go to him, praising the quality of his work, others felt they were cheated and never got their console back. It’s undeniable racer0018 has some hardware knowledge of the PS3 and the PS4, which could have given him the right connections. But none of his work has been ever connected to groundbreaking discoveries, racer I see it as a successful implementation of actual hackers’ work.

In my experience, legit hackers do not randomly ask for beta testers on a public forum. The people who can exploit consoles also typically know enough trusted people for their tests that they do not need to ask publicly for help. They also usually already have access to most of the hardware needed to perform their test, either directly or through their contacts.

So, we have a scener with a mixed track record, making a claim of an upcoming PS4 hack without a single proof, on a site with a mixed track record. Don’t get me wrong, again, I’d love to be proven wrong (I have a PS4 phat that’s been sitting on firmware 4.05 for a few months now, waiting for some public hack), but for now I’d qualify this as highly dubious at best.

Besides the claim of a PS4 hack, racer0018 states that people who join the team as beta testers would gain access to a private server containing information on Wii U and Xbox One hacks as well. Racer0018 had already said on the same site, 2 months ago, that the Xbox One was getting close to being hacked.

https://www.psxhax.com/threads/plays...4-tester.1671/
    The Hackmaster

If it's real I'd like to know about it. I don't wanna be skeptical of this by default.

Comment

Working...
    X