Cracking The Sega Saturn After 20 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracking The Sega Saturn After 20 Years

A look into Dr Abrasive's lab and a super detailed behind the scenes of what it took to engineer a plug in flash card for the Sega Saturn. Shot/edited by cTrix 2016.

FYI: This is not a commercial product. It also is still being tweaked.
    FYI: The sound patch designer tool shown is in early early days!

The formal release for this ultimate Saturn crack isn’t out yet, but it’s coming shortly, allowing anyone who still has a Saturn to enjoy all those very blocky games and develop their own games. You can check out a short, amateur documentary made on jhl’s efforts below.

http://hackaday.com/2016/07/11/crack...fter-20-years/
    The Hackmaster

I wish they went with SD card but I can see why they'd go with a external hard drive. You can fit alot more games on a external hard drive.

Comment

Sega Saturn Copy Protection Broken & New Flash Cartridge In Development

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/seg...velopment.html
      The Hackmaster

Comment

There are 2 flash carts floating around and one of them the Saroo is open source but still lacks alot to run properly. JHL isn't releasing the info he dumped but might still make something in terms of a device to load games off SD or HDD, I've been following his progress and it's kind of at a stall for a while now.
        Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

There's an even easier way to hack Saturn: it's called an EMULATOR. *walks away*
          Tempus fugit, ergo, carpe diem.

Time flies, therefore, seize the day.

Comment

Well, the version of SSF I have runs Castlevania SOTN and Sonic Jam pretty flawlessly. That's as much Saturn emulation as I need.

Comment

Working...
            X