Everything Looks Different ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIR View Post
    The major gipe i have is the inability to go up a level on boards and threads via a tiered link up at the top of a page. use to be that you had Mainboard > sub board > (optional sub board) > thread.

This meant that if i was in Mainboard > Lounge > thread i could easly get back to the Lounge board without having to fiddle my way back to either the home page or hitting the back button which i nuked on some machines due to screen real estate being precious.

Thats my biggest gripe about the Forum and really why i dont come back to the site much anymore. it is too obnoxious for me to maneuver around compared to the way it was before.

Edit: let me post a picture of the current page and where the old tiered set up use to be, Yet on this exact page. I dont know if i have a screenshot of the old VB.
    At the bottom of the forum you can select the "vB4 Default Style" to have this functionality back. I don't use any of the new redesigns due to the breadcrumbs being absent.

Originally posted by rimsky82 View Post
    LB asked me to remove the bread crumbs. I'm not sure why, but there are times when I don't care enough to ask questions, I just do it.

The breadcrumbs take up more room than a little back button. You can also use the backspace key in most browsers to go back.
    When is the last time you saw LB using the forums? Why would he want the removal of such a useful feature (the space it takes up is well worth the functionality)? Not having breadcrumbs enabled adds an additional step in most cases while browsing these forums.

Example:

Joe Blow posts a code, and his thread is listed on the forum index since it is the most recent post. I click on Joe Blow's codes to enter his thread, but then I decide I want to move to the "Hacker Threads" section to see everyone else's new codes. I now have to hit back, then click on "Hacker Threads" to view the rest of the threads. With breadcrumbs enabled, I just click on "Hacker Threads" and I'm there. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I especially use the feature when browsing on mobile.
    Not taking any requests at this time.

Bored? Watch some of my hacks here.

Comment

I put the breadcrumbs back.
      Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

Thank you.
        Cant stand the 32 bit and above gaming.
        Gamers for the return of 2d sprite filled games!

Comment

I'm sure if you say I did, I asked you to remove them...but I honestly don't remember that. Apologies if my apparent request damaged the user experience, etc.

Feel free to push back if I make a request in the future that seems inane or incorrect.
          I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

Comment

Working...
          X