Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Quote Originally Posted by vgcuts View Post
    Still need an AH3 Thunderstrike (US) infinite health code.
    Did you look through here? http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/45...ks-amp-Patches

There are a ton of Sega CD codes there and most of them aren't in the db.

Assuming you've already looked through the codes in that link (and didn't find any), you might be able to make the code yourself using the RAM search feature in an emulator called Gens r57 Tracer. It's the basic method of searching Greater Than, Less Than, etc. If the search results show that the RAM address starts with "FFxxxx", then you should have no problem getting the code to work.

EDIT: Does anyone know of a better Sega CD hacking emulator than Gens r57? I haven't kept current on that stuff.
    Last edited by Tony Hedstrom; 05-07-2017 at 05:27:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post
    Did you look through here? http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/45...ks-amp-Patches

There are a ton of Sega CD codes there and most of them aren't in the db.

Assuming you've already looked through the codes in that link (and didn't find any), you might be able to make the code yourself using the RAM search feature in an emulator called Gens r57 Tracer. It's the basic method of searching Greater Than, Less Than, etc. If the search results show that the RAM address starts with "FFxxxx", then you should have no problem getting the code to work.

EDIT: Does anyone know of a better Sega CD hacking emulator than Gens r57? I haven't kept current on that stuff.
    Already tried using Bizhawk. Found codes that freeze the health meter, but you still die (the game 'knows' how many damage you've taken still, I guess). Exactly the same problem I had trying to hack an 'always first place' code for Diddy Kong Racing.

If I find a cheat in Cheat Engine, is there a way to figure out where to patch the ISO?

If I find a cheat in Cheat Engine, is there a way to figure out where to patch the ISO?
    Did you find a RAM address or ROM address?

RAM addresses (for instance infinite health).

As you probably know, there's no way to patch the ISO file with a RAM address. However, you can use the RAM address to help you figure out where to patch it.

There is a way to do it within Cheat Engine, but I don't have my notes on that in front of me. I don't even have CE installed right now (new computer). If I remember correctly, you highlight the RAM address and click on something like "Find out where it's being called from". CE will pop up a window whenever that RAM address is called on from the ROM. Maybe someone has notes or a link on how exactly to do it.

There is 'find out what accesses this address' and 'find out what writes to this address'. But both of those are useless when running an emulator, I think. Because all you get are emulator assembly instructions.

There is 'find out what accesses this address' and 'find out what writes to this address'. But both of those are useless when running an emulator, I think. Because all you get are emulator assembly instructions.
    That's exactly what you're looking for.

I found a good tutorial written by Mezmorize. Should answer all your questions. Lots of pictures.

CheatEngineROMhacking_files.zip
    Last edited by Tony Hedstrom; 06-19-2017 at 06:31:26 PM.

9. Likes dlevere liked this post

Thanks all for the cheats
    Last edited by Metro City; 08-15-2017 at 05:21:13 PM.

Thread Information