Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Default "GoodCBC" - LET'S DO IT! (Codebreaker Day1 set decrypted and recompiled into RAW cbc)

Well this is something I've been toying with for some time now. Taking the entire 1114 file set of official codebreaker Day files (CrapCBC) and decrypting them to plain text. With help from misfire and use of his excellent cb2util, this was accomplished a few days ago.

Now, what needs to be done is to take the resulting plain text files and recompile them into a working set of unsigned (since we can't sign them) cbc's (GoodCBC) to replace the set currently hosted here at gamehacking.org. <---Done!

Attached below are the plain text files as well as a bonus plain text dump of the Codebreaker v10.1 (Gamestop Edition) internal code database.

Currently the only way we can create cbc files is using Pyriel's Omniconvert or or CMX's CBCmaker. Both are slow and laborious options.

Here's the *nix set of plain text files I initially started with. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/198998/day1_txt.tar.gz The tar.gz uses LF and the .7z below uses CR/LF.

GoodCBC r2 Attached ~ depricated

GoodCBC r3 Attached ~ depricated

GoodCBC r4 Attached ~ depricated

GoodCBC r5 Attached

Changed: r2
    • Removed 3 duplicate entries
    • Added cbc's for Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 2 as well as added codes to Ratchet: Deadlocked
    • Fixed numerous typos in titles and shortened many titles that overran the filesize in Codebreakers list

Changed: r3
    • More title fixes

Changed: r4
    • Added cbc files for Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando v1.1
    • Added codes to Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando v1.0
    • More title fixes
    • Utilized the "--banner" switch to add "GoodCBC Revision 4! Brought to you by gamehacking.org. Compiled at 21:15 on September 20th, 2013 ~bfoos" as the banner for all 1,115 cbc files.

Changed: r5 (11/13/2013)
    • Fixed codes for Burnout: Dominator and Xenosaga Episodes I and II (thanks bungholio)
    • More title fixes
    • Changed banner to "GoodCBC Revision 5! Brought to you by gamehacking.org. Compiled at 22:58 on November 13th, 2013 ~bfoos" as the banner for all 1,115 cbc files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bfoos; 11-14-2013 at 12:31:25 PM. Reason: GoodCBC r5 Praise Jebus, this might finally be the last revision!

2. Thanks! Combusto Dragon, 47iscool, lee4 is thankful for this post
    Likes Combusto Dragon, 47iscool, lee4 liked this post

Okay, basically what this boils down to is one of two things happening.

1. A batch method of creating cbc files. Either by cb2util being updated to include support for compiling unsigned cbc files, or a web based script to do the same.
    2. 10 people to each take 110 cbc files from the set and get to work the slow way with the available tools.

Obviously I'd prefer the first option.

Also, I had planned to rip the games from the cb10 text file that don't have cbc files and compile them, but upon testing the limits of codebreakers ability to pull down a doubled list of the current files, we encountered a limit. It stopped listing at 1784/2228 files and crashed at my attempt to scroll through the list at around the 80th duplicated entry. This means that there really isn't a whole lot of room left for extra cbc's unfortunately.

Is this why you were so keen to get the up-to-date source?

It shouldn't be too horrible to peel out the code parser (it would need some slight modifications) and other necessary bits to do files in batch mode. The question is whether that happens before you get volunteers to finish the work of manually recompiling the files.

As cb2util can already decrypt CBC files and compile "cheats" files, it would be consequent to let it create CBC files as well.

Today I cleaned up cb2util a bit and incorporated a few older pieces not released yet. There's also a new project site: http://mlafeldt.github.com/cb2util

When I'm done with that maintenance release, I'll look into creating CBC files. (Shouldn't be too hard as I was the first person doing that back in the days.)
    Last edited by misfire; 07-16-2012 at 08:28:45 AM.

I'll leave this to misfire, since he's apparently still about and interested in doing it. I was thinking I could turn something around quickly by pulling code out of Omniconvert, which I'm fairly familiar with. Misfire can probably get results just as quickly with CB2Util, and it makes a lot more sense to add the functionality to that tool instead of creating a stand-alone or one-and-done program.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyriel View Post
    Is this why you were so keen to get the up-to-date source?

It shouldn't be too horrible to peel out the code parser (it would need some slight modifications) and other necessary bits to do files in batch mode. The question is whether that happens before you get volunteers to finish the work of manually recompiling the files.
    No, not really. LMZ asked if the source was going to be available this time and I actually just wanted to poke around in it.

Quote Originally Posted by misfire View Post
    As cb2util can already decrypt CBC files and compile "cheats" files, it would be consequent to let it create CBC files as well.

Today I cleaned up cb2util a bit and incorporated a few older pieces not released yet. There's also a new project site: http://mlafeldt.github.com/cb2util

When I'm done with that maintenance release, I'll look into creating CBC files. (Shouldn't be too hard as I was the first person doing that back in the days.)
    Sounds good man. I doubt 10 people are going to volunteer to help do it the manual way and it is a lot of work for one person. I've done some, but nowhere near 110.
    Last edited by bfoos; 07-16-2012 at 12:08:23 PM.

I appreciate it as well, as it will be a good feature for the new site to generate the ps2's various files, like it currently does for the older consoles, and will for more current gens.
    Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Lightbulb

Here we go. I've just released cb2util v1.4 which mainly updates the documentation and tests, and also touches the code parser a bit.

The full changelog:
    https://github.com/mlafeldt/cb2util/...14-jul-16-2012

Windows and Linux downloads:
    https://github.com/mlafeldt/cb2util/downloads

The new project site:
    http://mlafeldt.github.com/cb2util

Now I'm ready to start working on v1.5 and the ability to compile CBC files. Expect something in the next couple of days...

10. Thanks! bfoos is thankful for this post
    Likes 47iscool, bfoos liked this post

FYI, CBC compiling is done.

What I had to change: https://github.com/mlafeldt/cb2util/compare/compile-cbc

I will be releasing cb2util v1.5 later on today (when I can access the VM to cross-compile for Win32).

12. Thanks! bfoos, root670 is thankful for this post
    Likes bfoos liked this post

Wow, fantastic work, misfire! That was pretty quick.

Thread Information