Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Codebreaker v9.2 Patched to Load ELF Files Instead of Discs (PS2)

These ELF files... rather, the old "GSHI" versions of them have been kicking around for a few years now. The domain change to gamehacking.org broke the Day1, saves and IRC features of the ELFs, so myself having just recently hooked his PS2 back up decided to revisit ye olde elves and modify them accordingly.

If anyone gets their panties in a bunch over these being copyright material, I wouldn't. Pelican abandoned everything CB a few years ago and if CMX has a problem with it, well I'd simply have four words for him... Come at me bro! So without further ado...

Quote Originally Posted by readme.txt
    CBv92_GH_DAY1_ELFLDR is a joint project by bfoos and LiquidManZero. It's purpose is to provide an avenue for Day1 files, both official and community generated to be hosted and usable by those capable of using the ELF. Currently, both official Codebreaker Day1 code saves, and game saves are served.

Feature list follows...

* All of the original cracked ELF features (no Anti-mod chip, disable CD/DVD check). ~ PS2TG
    * HDL patch. Can load any ELF from the usual paths. ~ ffgriever
    * RSA patched to allow loading of unsigned .cbc files, no upgrade.bin required. ~ Credits to misfire for the RSA work, patched by bfoos
    * Domain changed to gamehacking.org for retrieval of Day1 and game save files. ~ Patched by bfoos, Day1 server script by misfire, Day1 server setup by LiquidManZero of GSHI
    * IRC server and channel lineup changed. ~ Patched by bfoos, DNS redirect provided by LiquidManZero and GSHI, permission granted by Jupi <---No longer using the DNS redirect. It connects directly to irc.maxevo.net now.
    * Built-in code list has been removed. (NC ELF ONLY)

The ELF will load any ELF file in the following paths, instead of launching CD/DVD...

hdd0:/__boot/CB_launch.elf
    mass:/BOOT/CB_launch.elf
    mc0:/BOOT/CB_launch.elf
    hdd0:/__boot/boot.elf
    mass:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
    mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
    mc0:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/BOOT.ELF
    mc1:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
    mc1:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/BOOT.ELF
    "?" means region code.

The IRC info has been changed from the defunct irc.cmgsccc.com, to irc.maxevo.net.

Channel lineup:
    #cmp
    #gamehacking
    #lsd <---If you ever hung around in #gsccc, you may recognize some people in here <---not so much these days... mevo is deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can the update functionality be used for anything useful?

Quote Originally Posted by wes_less View Post
    Can the update functionality be used for anything useful?
    Nothing that I can think of.

What's the difference between the 2 elves?

Also, I'm curious if this means we can boot burned games with just a softmodded console by booting the elf form somewhere else with the burnt disc in the drive or if the ELF will fail to find the disc.

the elf one ends with NC have no built-in codelist and half in size.

both elf boots to boot.elf (uLE) from there you can boot: legit disc, ESR disc, OPL or ESDL.
    Last edited by lee4; 06-23-2012 at 03:18:39 PM. Reason: I hate HTML5 errors

Quote Originally Posted by lee4 View Post
    the elf one ends with NC have no built-in codelist and half in size.

both elf boots to boot.elf (uLE) from there you can boot: legit disc, ESR disc, OPL or ESDL.
    Ah. I was thinking maybe you could replace boot.elf in one of those locations with a retail ELF and use a burnt disc. You can't get something running like that through uLE, can you? I guess the ELF would need to be written to actually look for the DVD rather than rely on relative paths. Not sure how exactly that'd work. I suppose it's just as easy to use ESR anyway.

PS2 with FMCB (soft mod) cant read burn game disc by itself.
    to boot any burn game disc, have be ESR patched or sensor blocking swap method
    which you need additional software like uLE (can be use as sensor blocking swap method) or ESR.

This CB is for users using Game loaders (uLE, ESR, OPL/HDL and ESDL)

I use this CB to boot legit disc, ESR, OPL or ESDL

However there is normal cracked CB just boots disc drive (system.cnf)
    Last edited by lee4; 06-23-2012 at 04:00:18 PM. Reason: info

I have your downloads but when i put a code in for kingdom hearts 2 final mix like to play as roxas, it started but i am still playing as sora, which of the two downloads do i use because i am really stuck here

Both versions are the same other than the fact that the "NC" ELF file has the built-in code list removed.

right but when i put in some codes and then put in my burned copy of kh2fm and boot the game with codes on esr cb launcher and it stays on the pink screen, then i unselect them and use one like play as roxas and that works but most of the other ones don't work and keep me on the pink screen, can you tell me how i can fix that problem

Thread Information