Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

It likely doesn't support RGB. Nothing I can do about that. Sorry.
    Missing LiquidManZero since 1685.

Whenever i try installing the day1 file i downloaded from codetwink, i always get an out of memory error message

I can't seem to get these to extract. 7zip is telling me that they both use unsupported compression, which shouldn't be... So the files themselves must be corrupted.

Do not use beta version of 7-Zip

Please use official 7-Zip 9.20 stable version
    http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
    lee4 Does Not Accept Codes Requests !
    When lee4 asks a question it does not mean lee4 will look at your game
    *How to create and use SegaCD codes >click here<*
    >)

Actually I am using a stable version, but it is a bit old, 4.65

I'll try upgrading. Though I did find an alternative download site that had archives that worked, but the ELF itself didn't run on my PS2. I guess we'll see if my luck is any better with these after I upgrade my 7-zip.

EDIT: And it extracts after upgrading 7-zip. I don't know why I didn't think of that before you reminded me. I'll find out in a moment if it'll start up on my PS2

EDIT2: Blah. Seems it just does not want to work on my slim PS2 at all. I'll just have to stick with the ps2rd-based homebrew cheat device I found that works. It's extremely limited and basic in a lot of ways, but it actually works.
    Last edited by abidrew; 04-27-2015 at 10:59:04 PM.

I get BSOD (completely fails to load) on both these elf files. I have the PS2 on for 5 minutes just to make sure but I am forced to hold down the power button of my PS2 to shut it down. I used to have a version of codebreaker 9.2 that worked (it booted and upon 'start game' being selected would execute ulaunch, which I could use to navigate to OPL w/cheats enabled) with this setup, but it sadly got deleted somehow. No Codebreaker 9.2 elf I try will boot (After a few seconds I only get the HDD spin up and then an indefinite black screen).

My setup:
    - SCPH-50003 PAL (no modchip)
    - Official network adapter w/Seagate ST3320620A 320MB PATA hard drive (all installed games tested and working via OPL 9.3)
    - FMCB 1.94 on official memory card with 6MB free space (I have tested with my old 1.8b FMCB memory card with the same BSOD)
    - ByteStor 1GB USB High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive (also tested the elfs on a JMTek 32MB Professional USBDrive with same results.) These flash drives have no problems booting other homebrew.
    - I have ulaunch (boot.elf) in the BOOT folder of my FMCB memory card, but that's the only file there. I don't use HDloader/ESR/SMS.
    - I am booting both your elfs from MASS in the first USB port of the PS2 (other homebrew like OPL works from this location). I have tried copying the NC version to the BOOT folder of the memory card and executing it without USB drives connected, but I still get exactly the same BSOD.

This is what I want to happen:
    1. Startup PS2.
    2. Select ulaunch from menu.
    3. Navigate to MASS and execute either of your two elf files.
    4. Select cheats, start game and be taken to ulaunch elf
    5. Navigate to OPL/other loaders and start game

Any help is appreciated as I have spent countless hours looking at different elf versions, cracked/uncracked/patched/unpatched to no avail. I prefer a self-contained USB cheat solution and not to mess with the HDD.
    Last edited by ploder; 12-29-2015 at 08:26:25 AM.

I've finally got it working again! It wasn't the elf files it was the controller I was using. I switched to using an official playstation 1 digital pad because my dualshock 2 buttons are too mushy and unresponsive. Codebreaker won't boot without the dualshock 2. Now it boots within about 6 seconds (no code databse version). All the other elf versions work now too. More people need to know this.
    Last edited by ploder; 01-09-2016 at 03:23:54 AM.

8. Likes dlevere liked this post

nevermind
    Last edited by Combusto Dragon; 04-13-2016 at 03:17:54 PM.

Thread Information