Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'll have a look at it later. Or I can simply supply an unpacked "GH" ELF if someone else would like to have at it.

On second thought... I don't really have the time nor desire to fix it.
    Last edited by bfoos; 12-31-2012 at 07:51:02 PM.

K so the only tool I have to analyze the ELF is PS2dis, I really don't feel like tracking down IDA Pro to do this, so if someone else would be so kind as to fix code type 5, I would appreciate it. Or just tell me what bits at which offsets need patching and old vs new hex goodness as I am unlikely to use anything more than a hex editor on this ELF. I'll apply a patch if provided and provide credit in the readme or even the scroller in the app if you want. I could even put bfoos is a lazy cock sucker in there. Otherwise, code type 5 shall forever remain 32-bit aligned. I've done enough work on the day1 shit to merit someone else fixing this imo. I'm by no means fluent in MIPS assembly, I believe I could do this if I were motivated enough, but alas, I am ZzzzzzZZzzzzzzZZzzzz. Oh shit, I just fell asleep.
    Last edited by bfoos; 12-31-2012 at 07:48:32 PM.

Settle down, dude. It was just a suggestion for an improvement. Fixing it doesn't even really solve much, because you still have to work around the bug if you want the codes to work for everybody, and code type 5 only gets used once in a blue moon. I figured if you guys needed to edit the server configuration again, or something, it might be worth tossing in.

That said, I think I managed to download the unpacked ELF you posted before you deleted it. I can at least provide information for a patch. Realistically, you could just change 0xFFFC to 0xFFFF in the mask, and let people slam into exceptions if they foolishly try to use 2 & 4 with improper addresses.

Yeah, I'm not doing it bro. Even if the server info changes again at some point, that can be done with nothing more than ps2-unpacker and a hexeditor. Anyway, it is what it is.

Perhaps a better approach would be to fully document the mishandling of that code type and change the description at the very least on CMP, to provide the workaround that you learned of and fgwcheater stumbled upon during his testing and observations. Patching it in this ELF would be fine and dandy and I wouldn't mind it being done for completeness' sake, but it would only benefit a very select few users.

Happy New Year, bro!
    Last edited by bfoos; 01-01-2013 at 02:41:27 PM.

can i ask for a walkthrough/guide of this so that i can modify a codebreaker V.10 of mine?

Sorry but I was never able to unpack CB v9.3 or v10. Otherwise, I would've released modified versions of them as well.
    Missing LiquidManZero since 1685.

7. Thanks! 47iscool is thankful for this post

There's not a lot of point in that. After 7.1, the minor versions were mostly code list updates, and maybe a minor bug-fix, if they were feeling generous. The only important difference between 9.x and 10.x is supposedly a patch feature for IOP modules that they never deigned to actually use. I suppose if you could crack the thing open, remove the signature check that they almost surely would have required for IOP files, and develop a module that it can interoperate with, you'd have something. That assumes the feature is actually there, and it wasn't just a story CMX spread about. And if you could do all that with version 10, you'd just as well slap a new module into the image on any old version.

9. Likes 47iscool liked this post

I still would've modified them for the hell of it.
    Missing LiquidManZero since 1685.

11. Likes 47iscool liked this post

Man this is pretty sweet, I didn't even know that modified code breaker existed.
    Now I can finally mess around with my ESR backups with cheats. :P

Thanks for the modified Code breaker elf, it really works quite nicely.

13. Likes 47iscool liked this post

Hi there, sorry for digging out such an old thread. But I cannot get this elf to work. When I try to boot it up via FMCB or via File Manager, it just gives me a black screen, no signal detected on my TV. The PS2 stays on. It is an 39000 linked up trough RGB on an LG 3D TV.

Any idea?

Thread Information