CMP Wiird Code Database
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wii LetterBomb Exploit – Homebrew on 4.3

LetterBomb is a new exploit for the Wii running system menu 4.3. It works by exploiting the Wii’s message board functionality, hence the name “LetterBomb”.

Today we are announcing a project that changes this completely and removes the requirement for an exploitable game.

In memory of BannerBomb, we present you with LetterBomb , a brand new System Menu exploit that will allow you to enable homebrew with the push of an envelope (no stamp licking involved)

This exploit reuses (and abuses) some of some Nintendo’s Wii Messageboard functionality.

Whats required?

A Wii running System Menu 4.3 (E/U/J/K)

SD card with some free space

Wii’s WiFi MAC Address (visit the Wii’s system settings)

How to?

Visit http://please.hackmii.com on your PC and enter the required information.

It will download a zip package with everything needed inside. Extract this to the root of your Wii’s SD card.

Now navigate to the “messageboard” on your Wii in the default view browse to “yesterday” (sometimes it may be in “today” depending on your timezone.

Now you should see an envelope, select it and hope for the best.

Source

The Hackmaster

Hi Hackmaster

I downloaded file fine and went into yesterday mail found file pressed it start to scroll and take me to information screen tell me to press 1 and i do and nothing happens my screen seems to freeze and i have to turn wii off

Can you advise anything

Thanks

I'll see what I can find out.

The Hackmaster

You will need:

* A Wii running System Menu 4.3 (E/U/J/K)

* A SD (HC) card with some free space

* Your Wii’s WiFi MAC Address (available from your Wii’s system settings). This is needed because the Wii will only accept messages addressed to its specific MAC address.

* A few minutes of your time

We have created a webpage that takes away some of the pain that is usually involved with getting homebrew onto your system:

http://please.hackmii.com

This webpage will ask you for some necessary information (such as your System Menu region and MAC address), and will then return a nicely packaged ZIP file that is ready for extraction to the root of your SD card.

All that is missing from that point is a boot.elf/boot.dol file (that you will need to place in the root of your card), and you should be good to go. For your convenience we have an option to prepackage and bundle the HackMii Installer boot.elf (this is enabled by default).

So, how do I do this?

When you unzip the file, everything is in a folder. You have to copy the files out of that folder and put them into the SD card. You cant just copy the whole folder to the root. Otherwise nothing shows up in the message board.

If you already have a ‘private’ folder, you can either move it out of the way temporarily or merge the LetterBomb contents with it. Most command-line unzip tools will do the latter by default, but graphical stuff can complain/ask in various ways when you attempt to unzip a folder that already exists. If in doubt, just temporarily rename the existing ‘private’ folder to something else.

Once you’ve unzipped the file to your SD card (and inserted it) just navigate to the “message board” on your Wii and in the default view you should browse to “yesterday” (the place where you usually see yesterday’s messages) – sometimes this may be “today” or “two days ago” (this depends on the timezone you are in).

From this view you will be presented with a small envelope (that should obviously stand out against the rest of your plain old boring ones), click it, kick back, twiddle your thumbs, cross your fingers and hope it worked.

The Hackmaster

Nice
    I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

Yes indeed, but homebrew has been available on 4.3 since it was released as the various lego game exploits as well as smashstack all work on 4.3 as well.

Still unanle to get letterbomb to work syill freezing on screen where i need to press 1i have tried using two different sd card with no avail

Do you have a Wii running System Menu 4.3?

A SD card with some free space?

Your Wii’s WiFi MAC Address?

The Hackmaster

Anyone can help? I always get this error message without a zip file. I did input Wii's mac address at http://please.hackmii.com/.
    The message says "The exploit will only work if you enter your Wii's MAC address." and no zip file.

Thread Information