Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Default GameHacking.org Weekly Hacking Target!

This morning, I was thinking about the days when myself, LiquidManZero, KingEdgar0, Ace, and a bunch of other people were all hacking the same game, at the same time - Final Fantasy VII.

Now, putting aside the awesome hacking potential of FF7 (it's still being hacked today, and there are quite a few things that still need to be hacked for it), I was pondering how it felt to hack something immediately relevant to other hackers, who were simultaneously hacking things immediately relevant to me. It's a lot of fun. We've done it with other games; FF7 is just the perfect example because of the sheer number of people hacking it.

People frequently bring up the lack of hacking projects, hacking teams, and hacking collaboration, in the scene today. They're correct, but it's difficult to organize hackers, especially when there's no clear goal: "Hack a bunch of codes for this system, as long as we all stay interested, somehow" doesn't really feel right.

Thus, I have an idea.

Let's pick a game, each week, to concentrate hacking efforts on. We can still hack whatever we're currently hacking, but if time and interest permits, we can take a few minutes to tear into the same game, and see what we can come up with. This will not only be interesting, but it will be a way to force concerted effort onto games that haven't been sufficiently hacked yet (and also, to hack more for games that have already been hacked way too much, heh).

Sound interesting?
    I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

Count me in. I've been meaning to learn to hack other systems.

Cool. This would make me interested enough to come out of accidental retirement and hack some more codes, as well.

Heh, by the way, nice avatar.

What Systems U Will Require ? Sry I Know Its a Dump Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard View Post
    Heh, by the way, nice avatar.
    Thanks, I ripped the image from an online t-shirt store, bustedtees.com - in case you want it on a t-shirt.

Sounds like fun, maybe have people vote on a system to hack for the month and then a game to vote for that system or people can suggest a game.
    Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Does it include hacking a PC game?

I'm sure it could, but it will have to be a somewhat accessible game where we can all obtain it.
    Last edited by Helder; 04-21-2011 at 11:14:58 PM.
    Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Sure; it can be any game we want.

I was thinking about doing voting, but I don't want to make the process too formal. Perhaps we'll just go by suggestion.

Also, the basic idea will be, even if the game has already been hacked like mad, the goal is to hack any new codes possible. This means no code is too small or trivial.

All right, so...first suggestion?

I'd suggesting picking a game that's on the impossible codes list on the wiki.

Thread Information