Kodewerx Wiird Code Database

Default Codebreaker HDD support

So I was messing around today and I found out that in order to to use the HDD support in Codebreaker you need the following

1. An official 40GB sony PS2 HDD
    or
    2. If you don't have the above you need a ATAD patching modchip.

otherwise the intial created 128MB partition comes out currupt, the BSOD you see until the next time you launch Codebreaker, I verified this on a PAL V9 with an unofficial 10GB HDD using the HDD OSD hack
    http://psx-scene.com/forums/f20/hdd-...onsoles-64056/
    http://www.4shared.com/file/UYxysW_a/_2__osd110d.html
    it shows the partition as currupt and has purple icon on the HDD OSD screen.
    You maybe able to continue the ATAD patch of the OSD Hack onto launched apps through the HDD OSD though if they don't reset the IOP ie: launch a Codebreaker ELF off the HDD OSD to have HDD support on an unofficial HDD ;-) keep in mind though the HDD OSD hack performs a IOP reset of it's own and terminates FMCB so you can't launch ELF's using FMCB's methods as it uses the normal OSD screen only with HDD, Keyboard / Mouse support added.
    I'm still trying to find out how you launch apps off the HDD OSD without using a game with HDD support via dnasload.elf though, everytime I tried I got presented with wrong disc or insert disc although the ELF I used wasn't a disc signed KELF that might have been my error.
    Last edited by kh2k4; 01-02-2011 at 09:11:45 PM.

I think that may inadvertently be a side effect of the dodgy coding present in the Code Breaker. Similar to how the USB driver in it doesn't work right with anything but the original fat PS2 models. So I guess you could say... The code breaks stuff. Of course I've personally never had any issues with CB and the non-Sony drives I've used, but I think that was due to one or more of the interesting patches present in the copies I've used. Though it is rather annoying that backing up the contents of the CB partition isn't very easy.

Are you using a modchip on your console though? I can't format the partition or full format the HDD as it isn't recognised due to it using rom0:ATAD, I believe the HDL / Codebreaker partitions are password protected and that's the meaning of PP. in their partition names, HDL partitions though are no dfferent to HDD supported games partitions the only difference is the SYSTEM.CNF and the disc signed ELF.

Ok i've figured out how to load ELF's off the HDD OSD :-) but
    I can't find a PS2 model with a DVDELF big enough for me to inject a Codebreaker ELF into so I could launch it off the HDD OSD,
    I've also had a brief glance at the code for Neme launchers and they perform a IOPreset of their own too before loading the injected ELF so that'd kill off the ATAD patch :-( maybe somebody here could be nice enough to recode Neme launchers to not include a IOPreset the sources are available in the package, I could then run uLE off the HDD OSD to load a Codebreaker ELF with ATAD patch still active also remembering to set the IOPreset in uLE to off.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachme...3r1plus_v3-zip

NVM I finally figured it out all you need to is make a dummy partition on the unofficial HDD with uLE v4.40h, I named mine A, copy all the files from the root of the PCB folder on the memory card to the root of this partition then rename the partition to PP.SLUS-20202.1108.PCB you'll notice that when you rename the partition you'll no longer be able to access it through uLE's filebrowser, if you need to access the partition at anytime just rename it back to A and then PP.SLUS-20202.1108.PCB again when you want to use it with Codebreaker. Now the next time you load Codebreaker the settings file will be reset and it asks you to update do so and then also set the auto eject tray option to no as well. Doing the above i've been successful in adding codes to the HDD codelist as well transfering save files to and from the unofficial HDD, the partition still shows up as currupt in the HDD OSD but Codebreaker doesn't know the difference reformatting the Codebreaker partition or reformatting the whole HDD doesn't work via Codebreaker though it locks up.
    Last edited by kh2k4; 01-06-2011 at 06:51:24 AM.

@kh2k4

I finally realized that you're "kevstah2004" from PSX-Scene...

Yeah I posted it there to help others too, sorry for clogging up your thread but it's still Codebreaker related.
    I think the icon files are stored within a separate res folder that's what i've seen on a few youtube vids,
    adding partitons in uLE that are named exactly the same as HDL game partitions you may also be able to browse HDL game partitions as I think HDL game partitions just like Codebreaker set there own password but if you make the partitions already in uLE before installing the game to the HDD it'll just copy the files to that partition instead of creating a new oassword protected partition so you'll be able to do the above renaming trick to access there contents also, I've only tried installing a game via KERMIT using the above trick but it failed by saying there was already created partition for that, I haven't tried with HDLoader yet though.

Is the source to Winhiip or Kermit available? maybe I could change the default hdl icon texture it uses to anything I want and reuse the codebreaker memory card icon,
    I think it uses .raw files, i'm gonna dissamble winhiip with pe explorer see if i can find the hdl icon file.
    http://bh-re-db.pcriot.com/ <- Biohazard / Resident Evil
    Code Database

Thread Information