Zophar's Domain CMP

Question psx request: castlevania sotn "MARIA" (or select char code)

hi to all.

well, this is interesting guys...

i play right now castlevania synphony of the night psx version, and i notice one thing...
    that character "maria" not looks like one simple image during intros... it looks more like are one playable char.

must be a way to make this with par codes!. the saturn version already have maria playable!, psx version not.

so my request is for if someone are interested and can helps to make this true...

since my graphic card is gone is a true surprise that the game works perfectly in my old pc, i use one emulator named psx or psxfin, that really rocks.

however not have cheat codes support. in fact i dont see none psx emulator that allow you use par codes.
    there exist one emulator for use the psx codes, or you guys uses the codes directly in the real psx with a cheat device?

right now i have been forced to use artmoney and i can find some codes from gamefaqs faqs converted for be used in artmoney with this psx emulator.

however, i can find the damn select char code.

when i can finally end this very cool game, i have the possibility of play with that blue armour enemy, or richter belmont.
    apart, alucard have 3 body changes. so i supposed that these also are chars.

the question is what are the order of the chars...

since i see that the select familiar/monsters code have the same monsters order than the game have in the menu, this must means that the same happens to alucard morphs bodys:
    1st batt, 2nd wolf, and 3rd fog.

however, what must be the order for all the chars in this game?

maybe can be some as alucard, these 3 alucard morphs, then the belmont, then maria¿?, and then the blue armour char??...
    or not. who knows?

like you must know, this game have several fans, so can be a great point make one cheat for this. as i say saturn vesion have this maria char playable, and in psx it looks like are one real char and not only one image.

well, i try it a little with artmoney (but only by comparison beetwhen alucard, morphs and richter belmont) but i can found nothing.

someone are enough brave to find this hard and also very cool code?

well, the challenge are there if someone are interested

ps: and if after all maria finally are unplayable, i think also can be interesting have that select body char code, for can change the char to another in else moment you wanted...

but honestly, i can bet that maria really looks playable. notice that in one intro even jumps 2 times after dissappear from the right part of that stage...

well, thanks for readme
    Last edited by miguelo; 04-20-2010 at 08:03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelo
    i play right now castlevania synphony of the night psx version, and i notice one thing...
    that character "maria" not looks like one simple image during intros... it looks more like are one playable char.

must be a way to make this with par codes!. the saturn version already have maria playable!, psx version not.
    of course she has her own sprite, but doesn't means she playable.

you have to remember PSX version made first.

The Saturn and PSP versions made afterwards, she was programmed as playable character.

however not have cheat codes support. in fact i dont see none psx emulator that allow you use par codes.
    there exist one emulator for use the psx codes, or you guys uses the codes directly in the real psx with a cheat device?
    There is PC program called PSX Emulation Cheater can use with PS1 emulators

however, i can find the damn select char code.

the question is what are the order of the chars...
    http://gshi.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=1&gid=11066
    Character Modifier
    3003C9A0 00??
    00 - Alucard
    01 - Richter

Yes, in Saturn was released a year later so maybe they add the character only there. But maybe it could be that in the rerelease of the game in Japan in PSX (Playstation the Best) they can add it too, there is few information about it. Some people say that is a playable character but as far as i know is not a playable character in PSX.

thanks to the 2 for the answers.

well maybe i be mistaken after all :P. her looks like are playable, but in fact that not make sure that be playable after all...

anyway i dont see that code! thanks , so if that code not have one data position for maria this means sure that her not are playabe there.

well after all this is the more normal, if they do it her, they can add it easy by copy and paste the richter mode. but i read that sony make pressure to konami for end fast the game, and that was the raison because the psx version is the more poor version.

in saturn they only release the game in japanese, and in psp version i hear about the maria sprites are changed...

also many thanks for tell me about that tool.

the only problem i see that psx emulation have is make one iso of a game and use the "jump error option" of the recording tool program, and that make you have one version of your game exactly as the cd broken you have

i mean about use for example alcohol with that option enabled, or clone cd for example.

this big problem of isos with fails not happens with roms ins genesis or others emulators by the way :P

and of course, run your game as iso is really more fast than use the real cd, and this avoid you not cause deterioration just for use too much the cd, you know.
    Last edited by miguelo; 04-30-2010 at 10:21:38 AM.

hi guys. after search in that order you says me, finally i can find the damn select char code!.
    its for use it with both artmoney trainer and psxfin emulator.

the code is for this "pal + spanish patch" version that i play right now.

and yes, of course happens the same of these game shark code of the database that i dont see when i search: so, maria not are there playable.
    only alucard (00) and richter (01) are avaliable.

i start my play in psxfin emulator, and it not have pluggins. so that are the raison because not are compatible with pec gameshark program. anyway im glad notice that already exist that cool program for can use the codes!

and i can convert the select char code for use it in the japanese psx version "dracula x", with the same result: maria also not are playable there. only alucard and richter.

so after all the test,i think that these people who says that maria are playable in the japanese psx version was mistaken.

i think they mistake the psx jap version with the saturn jap version, that truly have maria playable. thats all

the codes never lies.

well, for if someone have interest in that codes, i will post all the codes i have here.
    they are for use it with artmoney and psxfin emulator together. enjoy.

castlevania symphony of the night psx. "pal + spanish patch" artmoney codes. used along with psxfin v1.13 emulator
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    01CC7C18 99. level 99
    01CE7BD8 99. inf hearts (richter mode)
    01CC79AC 99. have monster 1 in menu (jap monster 1 not avaliable in other game versions)
    01CC79AB 99. have monster 2 in menu (jap monster 2 not avaliable in other game versions)
    01CC7A7C 99. have axe lord armor (player-armour)
    01C9CBEC XX. choose selected monster. from 00 (none monster selected) to 07.
    01CC7BF4 9999. maximun luck 9999
    01CC7C20 9999999. maximun gold 9999999
    01C6C9C8 XX. select char. 00 alucard, 01 richer.

castlevania symphony of the night psx (dracula X). "ntsc japanese vers" artmoney codes. used along with psxfin v1.13 emulator
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    01CE7C18 99. level 99
    01C8C9C8 XX. select char. 00 alucard, 01 richer.

-notice that is really easy convert these pal codes to ntsc jap codes by simply add 2 digits to the 4 digit counting from left to right.

note: remenber that some of these codes only works after save one game, and then load it with the codes on. for example the "select char codes" or the "choose selected monster" codes (you must enable one monster and save the game before).

note2: is a true pity, but i noticed that is imposible kill dracula in the end with richter .
    1st) because with richter the last boss is shaft.
    2nd) because if you load one alucard save game and uses the code for change character to richter, the game ends after kill shaft.
    3rd) and if you change the char after kill shaft with alucard, and try to obtain richter there, the game crash always.

the only way i supposed this can work, can be if someone make one code that tranform one boss to another, for can fight dracula. and since this castlevania game not have yet the boss mode or next castlevania games, is impossible fight dracula with richter.

other possibility can be obtain one code for say to the game that i play in richter mode or alucard mode not matter who are the character i use. but found that type of code can be extremely difficult...

another possibility is find other "select char body code" that not affect the game mode no matter who are the character game mode started.

ps: by the way, my graphic card was broken sometime ago. so is a true miracle that this psxfin emu allow me to play this game without none slowdown.

...so perhaps that i have to wait until i can buy one new pc, for can play the saturn version with maria :P, or buy one psp for castlevania cronicles umd.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelo View Post
    i start my play in psxfin emulator, and it not have pluggins. so that are the raison because not are compatible with pec gameshark program. anyway im glad notice that already exist that cool program for can use the codes!
    In PEC Program there should be Standalone mode for with ANY PS1 emulator?

so after all the test,i think that these people who says that maria are playable in the japanese psx version was mistaken.

i think they mistake the psx jap version with the saturn jap version, that truly have maria playable. thats all

the codes never lies.
    Its was BIG FAT (lie) rumor right after release of Saturn version.
    ...so perhaps that i have to wait until i can buy one new pc, for can play the saturn version with maria :P, or buy one psp for castlevania cronicles umd.
    I would go for
    Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles for PSP

* Castlevania: Rondo of Blood with 3D graphics
    * as well as unlockable versions of the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night games.
    * re-translated script and new voice acting
    * Japanese and English Dub

but final decision is yours.

yeah, i hear something about. well right now i have nds, and after see how they launch a new version with a really more big screen, maybe i wait a little for buy a psp.

anyway i always planed to buy one since psp is fantastic!

well, guys i can play as maria after all .

there exist another non related way of play with her...

is by playing this super cool fangame!.

it includes several castlevania chars...!

is one mugen, yes, but apart of the mugen screen, believeme that you never say that this is a mugen.

is a boss rush minigame, very professional and funny to be played.

take a look at the shots section for see some...

castlevania fighter:
    http://serio.piiym-net.com/CVBla/leech.html
    http://serio.piiym-net.com/CVBla/
    http://serio.piiym-net.com/CVBla/screens.html

ps: by the way, i think that these must be the maria version from psp castlevania cronicles, right?

i hope this guy includes even more chars from those castlevanias that i never played until now...
    think that since him uses mugen, can add almost infinite chars...

apart, the game is very cool. think that even you can play 2 players cooperative as for example alucard and soma cruz, and fight against dracula in the final stage... is very funny and cool!
    Last edited by miguelo; 05-07-2010 at 11:23:58 AM.

Thread Information