CMP Zophar's Domain

Default Saturn Game Shark Codes?

Simple question really before we all get into it, does anyone have and know how to hack Saturn Game Shark codes. (That code database it really limited, and being the Saturn is rare, and you'd need pretty much the even more rare games as well, it never hurts to ask, I guess, besides, I came to this after older Saturn GS's died many years agi, just to now a few weeks ago find a great online store that sales and even has well in stock such rare finds as the Saturn Game Shark----and not hard on the price either. (Not the time or place but like any price it that serious for some of us, but eh heck, when a rare Game Shark is a few bucks, it is worth a mention off and on, no?)

~Amy

Er, ejem...the pictures and the last phrase distracts me...
    mmm, i don't know if some of those carts have a built in search engine of some kind, and in the other hand emulation is pretty early to make the cheats there, except for SSF and it requeres a lot of PC. Maybe if someone build an utility like CEP it could be really faster and easy, if not it should be done in the hard way.
    "Dizzy my future, silly my way."
    "Under my flag I live free."

You know... Renegade64 might work for it. I've never tried it, but I could see it maybe being rigged for SSF or some other emulator. It'd require a new enough version to have the user emulator list, but that's not hard to find.

I wish SSF would have cheating capabilities. :P

It could be really nice.

Saturn GameShark codes are RAM cheats. To make them, a hacker just needs Saturn emulator, the game (of course) and a program which can do RAM search (I prefer Artmoney 6.27).

And then, he/she needs to convert these codes into Saturn GameShark format. It's the easiest part.

One more point. If you compare Sega Saturn and Sega Genesis, Saturn GameShark looks like Genesis Pro Action Replay. I think it's as hard to make GS codes for Saturn as PAR codes for Genesis. There are thousands of PAR codes, BTW.
    Last edited by Chemist; 08-13-2007 at 01:58:00 AM.

hmmmm that is scary yet informative, Thank You all so far for interest in this topic.

Seems, we will need someone with the games and a Saturn (ofcorse) a Saturn GS and all that which was said above.----all in all sadly looks like games being in hacker hands would be the hardest part. As not in a bragging way but I am or was seeking those who would hack this system and GS with such games as Dragon Force, Shinning Force 3, Burning Rangers, Dark Savior, Magic Knight RayEarth and such other rare 'oddities' you just will not be finding at any flea mall or garage sale. ~_~

~Amy

Getting the games is easy there are a lot of private torrents sites that have a fairly complete collection for Saturn, but you still need the console and the gs, cuz there isn't any good emu that supports gs carts. I hope that ssf add some support in the future, if he do that it will be a lot more easy to work with the codes.

hmm. Only Saturn ISO I ever got a hold of was Area 51, and I already have that for like every other system. I need to find a place to grab a couple common Saturn games in proper image formats. This Area51 I have is an damn ISO with a seperate OGG audio file. WTF? I've had the same problem with finding SegaCD games. I wants proper images dammit.

so SSF is the only decent Saturn emulator, currently? What about Satourne?

edit: Yabause has cheat support built in. Dunno what compatibility is like though.
    Last edited by Viper187; 09-15-2007 at 08:53:57 AM.

Try at http://mondemul.net/
    registration is free, the page is in french but it's easy to understand.

Thread Information