No announcement yet.

GameHacking.org Weekly Hacking Target (06-12-11) - The Legend of Zelda [NES]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameHacking.org Weekly Hacking Target (06-12-11) - The Legend of Zelda [NES]

This week's hacking target will be The Legend of Zelda, for NES.

The rules are simple: hack whatever you like, as long as it hasn't been hacked, and post in this thread with any codes/progress/questions/requests (yes, requests are welcome). To verify what's already been hacked, take a look at these pages:

http://gamehacking.org/?s=v2&sys=5&gid=478
    http://gamehacking.org/?s=v2&sys=5&gid=1291
    http://gamehacking.org/?s=v2&sys=21&gid=2140
    http://gamehacking.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=2&gid=5421
    http://gamehacking.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=2&gid=8018
    http://gamehacking.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=2&gid=1552
    http://gamehacking.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=2&gid=5033

If you don't have the game, or don't want to hack it, wait until next week, and if you like, suggest the next game in the main "GameHacking.org Weekly Hacking Target" thread.

Happy hacking!
    I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

I've got a suggestion for a code.

On bomb explosion, the explosion can remove burnable stuff (candle fire only stuff, bushes mainly)

*Boomerang has the abilities of an arrow (can pierce an enemy & keep flying and deal damage similar to an arrow and return like normal)
    Last edited by final kaoss; 06-12-2011, 09:45:47 PM.
    Video Game Chat

Comment

My requests for this game are:
      • Push any block.
      • Walk Through Walls (Dungeons)
      • Link Image Modifier (Look like enemies, play as enemy, etc...)
      • Any tree burns to reveal a hidden passage and or disappear.
      • Any rock bombed will reveal a hidden passage and or disappear.
      Last edited by Abystus; 06-12-2011, 09:57:20 PM.
      Not taking any requests at this time.

Bored? Watch some of my hacks here.

Comment

Here are a few that I found. I haven't fully tested them yet but they appear to be OK. Feel free to improve on them and make them better if you wish.

Enemy movement speed in overworld and dungeons:
        03BD:??
        03BE:??
        03BF:??
        03C0:??
        03C1:??
        03C2:??
        Note: Using FF for all makes them ridiculously fast and insanely hard to hit. 50 makes them fast, 01 makes them move super slow. Only works on some types of enemies.

Enemy shooting speed
        03C4:??
        03C5:??
        03C6:??
        03C7:??
        Note: Using FF for all makes them shoot ridiculously fast. 50 makes them fast, 01 makes them shoot super slow.

Link's sword makes no sound when you swing it.
        0601:00
        0603:00
        0606:00
        Note: Some music in the game might be messed up a little or not play at all.

Bombs explode immediately after you place them. (Tested only very early in the game)
        0038:00
        I would like to see instead of a bomb being placed, maybe an enemy, coin, heart that explodes like a bomb when you place it?

Weird color hues:
        00FE:??
        Using anything between 00 and FF makes to colors of the whole game have a different hue?

Santa Claus Link! (Plus, you can walk through enemies too!)
        04F0:02

Lots of boulders falling off Death Mountain. Much more than the usual 3 boulders on the screen at any given time.
        0515:00
        Note: For no boulders, replace 00 with 03.
        Last edited by nuomega457; 06-18-2011, 10:59:41 AM. Reason: Two codes for bombs explode immediately not needed

Comment

Nice job nuomega. Some useful addresses there.
          The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

Code:
            Walk Through Walls (Not Through Locked Doors)
            EIONGPEP
            Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

Can you still pass through a wall with a locked door or is it just the door you can't pass through?

Comment

In the dungeons you can pass thru blocks water pretty much anything but doors can't be walked through and blocks can't be pushed either but using this code you can have all doors open.

Code:
                All Doors/Walls Opened (Use only in Dungeons)
                00EE:FF

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by helder View Post
                  Code:
                  Walk Through Walls (Not Through Locked Doors)
                  EIONGPEP
                  Btw that code was already hacked here by Hybrid but only works outside dungeons. The version of the game affects this code, however it's the same address with the same modification resulting in the same GG code. In the post he was not able to obtain a code to actually walk through dungeon walls however. What version of the game are you playing on? Possibly the other WTW code you mentioned in your WTW thread will work for the other revision inside dungeons.
                  Last edited by Abystus; 06-14-2011, 11:49:10 PM.

Comment

I used the PRG 0 version, the code changes a condition obviously but once I get to the dungeon walls there are no more breaks at this conditional so there must be another one a little bit further up on the ASM. I will look into it again,and the other 2 codes where much lower on the ASM and had some undesirable effects like moving up with out doing anything.

Edit : I just seen that thread, damn all that work for nothing lol oh well its good practice and I tried various conditionals to make it work the BNE seems to work best for this conditional. I wish the NES has a BRA command like the SNES.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post
                      Nice job nuomega. Some useful addresses there.
                      Thanks Tony. If I find anything else, I will update my post so all the codes I find are in one place.
                      Last edited by nuomega457; 06-15-2011, 10:07:34 AM.

Comment

The best I have found so far:

Code:
                        Bombs explode without delay
                        OZKYUPSP
                        I was trying to find another infinite bombs cheat (one that works [with the ROM I have, anyway]), and I've surely found the correct addresses, but the GG conversion will not work for some reason. Here they are:

0658=?? - infinite bombs (same as Phil The Hammer found)

7106=AD (freeze bomb count decrease)
                        -or-
                        7107=00 (set bomb decrease factor to zero)

Of course, what I was really looking for was a "bombs destroy all blocks" type of code, but my few weeks experience with this subject is not enough, I guess

Comment

The addresses you've found are RAM addresses, therefore can not be used for the genie. Genie alters ROM instructions, in the address range $8000-$FFFF. There are many guides in the Library on making genie codes to get you going in the right direction.

EDIT:
                          Since I've now had a chance to hack this game myself, I noticed that it writes instructions to RAM when the game starts, so your 710X addresses are right, but are still in RAM. To find the address in ROM, put a write breakpoint on one of those addresses and restart the game. You'll notice it breaks right away. Go up a line, and you'll see the ROM address it's pulling from. That's the correct address for the genie code.

EDIT2:
                          Because of this, the genie codes that are made with this method will only work if they are enabled when the game starts. Using them with any savestates won't work unless the game was started with the codes when the savestate was made. This might be why you can't get them to work.
                          Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

Code:
                            Infinite Health
                            SZEUYKVK
                            SKNUZLST
                            IOVUALST
                            I think this is pretty failsafe. I tested it to the end of the first dungeon. You can still collect hearts, and will never lose health. Be sure to use an emulator that respects the compare byte, or else things will get screwy, like not being able to enter any caves or dungeons.
                            Code:
                            Infinite Health (RAM)
                            7B78 15
                            7B82 C5
                            7B9F AD

Max/Infinite Hearts
                            066F FF
                            0670 FF
                            The hearts codes are already around, but they need to be together.
                            Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

Is it common for the write addresses to be outside the bound of the game genie? I believe this is the first game I've seen to have it's write to ram address outside the bounds. Maybe it's just a small rom.

Comment

Working...
                              X