Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's Largest Video Game Collection Is Up For Sale

By GaryOPA

Guinness confirmed Thommason had 10,607 games last year!

Michael Thommason, who is certified as having the world's largest collection of video games, is putting them up for sale. The buyer isn't just getting a ton of games, they're getting a title as well.

The man has a family now as such the World's Certified Largest Video Game Collection is now for sale, with current bid at over $50,000 with 9 more days to go, but reserve has not been met yet.

Guinness confirmed Thommason had 10,607 games last year, but he's since picked up a few hundred more, so the winning bidder will be getting over 11,000 video games.

If you're wondering about the condition the games are in, Thommason says "2600+" are "factory shrink-wrapped", while "over 8,300" are complete with box and manual.

It's taken over 25 years to collect all these games, so why sell them now?

I simply have an immediate family and extended family that have needs that need to be addressed. While I do not wish to part with these games, I have responsibilities that I have made to others and this action is how I will help meet them.

I'd say "come on man, stay strong", but my family responsibilities involve occasionally losing the big TV to some Disney cartoon, not finding the space in a house to store 11,000 video games.

NEWS SOURCE #1: World's Largest Video Game Collection Is Up For Sale (via) Kotaku

NEWS SOURCE #2: World's Largest Video Game Collection recognized by Guinness (via) GameGavel
    sigpic
    The Hackmaster
    dlevere's blog

Life lesson: Stay single or rather have your own place with no significant other living there to ruin your hobby.
    Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

and soon this entire collection was bought by a Hybrid or a viper
      Cant stand the 32 bit and above gaming.
      Gamers for the return of 2d sprite filled games!

Comment

The World's Largest Video Game Collection Just Sold For Over $750,000

By Steven Tweedie

GameGavel

The world's largest collection of video games has sold for $750,250.

The collection has over 11,000 unique video games, and is officially recognized by Guinness Book of World Records. The official certificate is included, along with a lifetime subscription to Retro Magazine.

The massive hoard of games took more than three decades to stockpile, and over a quarter of the games (about 2,600) are factory sealed.

There were over 56 bids at gaming auction site, Game Gavel, including from the creator of the Oculus Rift, Palmer Luckey. Luckey bid twice, once at $50,000 and again for $90,001, though the auction quickly became a bidding war between two others. Luckey already has the world's largest collection of head-mounted displays, which he amassed as he tinkered to create his own virtual reality headset.

You can check out the full details of the concluded auction here.
        sigpic
        The Hackmaster
        dlevere's blog

Comment

sorry for the bump

this guy who sold games is married and has a daughter

https://verse.com/video/116-the-last...-in-the-galaxy

he decided to take care of his family

Comment

Working...
          X