A look at GameHacking.org (actually, GSHI at the time) in August, 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A look at GameHacking.org (actually, GSHI at the time) in August, 2002

MathUser nudged me to go dig up my oldest intact copy of the site, and this is what I came up with. Just extract the contents to a folder, open index.htm, and browse as desired. We've come a long way (and this was three years in already).

http://gamehacking.org/downloads/GSHI_2002-08-XX.7z

Can you find the Secret Room?

Peruse the fledgling GSHI Photogallery (which grew, and grew, and then disappeared), and ROFL at our teenage appearances.

Browse an endless collection of mostly Final Fantasy sprite images, for some reason.

Read Project Vocab in the Hacking FAQs section, wherein an adolescent Lazy Bastard attempts to cope with visitors asking questions like, "What the hell does LOL stand for?"

Let me know if you find something hilarious.
    I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

I found the secret page. It wasn't where I remembered it. The pics weren't what I remembered them. I thought EverDarke was sephirons pics, and I thought Sephirons pics were Absolute Emptys pics. Oh well. I see why you didnt upload it as a site to watch tho. All the security vulnerabilities fortunecity probably had.

Edit:Those pics must from before google image search came out right? I think I remember those times. So hard to find pics back then.
    Last edited by MathUser; 06-14-2016, 10:18:13 AM.

Comment

Yep, finding sprites for mods or web comics was pretty difficult back then.
      I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

Comment

From Downloads-
        ...and automatically resumes downloads you didn't finish the next time you go online.
        Ah yes, the days of phone lines and modems and upset parents.
        Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Bastard View Post
          MathUser nudged me to go dig up my oldest intact copy of the site, and this is what I came up with. Just extract the contents to a folder, open index.htm, and browse as desired. We've come a long way (and this was three years in already).

http://gamehacking.org/downloads/GSHI_2002-08-XX.7z

Can you find the Secret Room?

Peruse the fledgling GSHI Photogallery (which grew, and grew, and then disappeared), and ROFL at our teenage appearances.

Browse an endless collection of mostly Final Fantasy sprite images, for some reason.

Read Project Vocab in the Hacking FAQs section, wherein an adolescent Lazy Bastard attempts to cope with visitors asking questions like, "What the hell does LOL stand for?"

Let me know if you find something hilarious.
          http://elcomericio.me/

Comment

Working...
          X