Everything Looks Different ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Looks Different ?!?

I've simplified the look, and updated the functionality. I hope everyone takes to it kindly. The main reason I did it all was to make the site more responsive for viewing on handheld devices. I also like a lot of the form controls and stuff this framework has to offer.

If you have a simple comment, you can reply in this thread. However if you have a problem or something looks broken, or a you have a suggestion to make it better, please post a new thread in the Under Construction/To Be Added subforum.

Thanks

-rimsky82
    Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Everything was bigger until I logged in. I like it smaller.

Comment

Nice looking forum!
      Doakan untuk MH370 / Pray for M370

Comment

edit
        Last edited by ReyVGM; 07-20-2015, 12:56:09 PM.

Comment

I'll be the first to say I'm not pleased with this setup. I'm alright with the new look itself, but either these filter settings are very wonky or some codes are seriously missing. Earlier today I was able to check out codes for Earthbound Zero on the NES and had a long list of codes. Now ever since the design changed it seems only 20% of those codes are left. What happened to the rest of them? There were codes that modified your party and those appear to be gone now no matter where I look.

Comment

Originally posted by MethidMan View Post
            I'll be the first to say I'm not pleased with this setup. I'm alright with the new look itself, but either these filter settings are very wonky or some codes are seriously missing. Earlier today I was able to check out codes for Earthbound Zero on the NES and had a long list of codes. Now ever since the design changed it seems only 20% of those codes are left. What happened to the rest of them? There were codes that modified your party and those appear to be gone now no matter where I look.
            Are you looking at the right game? are you filtering the codes? Did you expand the groups?
            http://gamehacking.org/game/32753

Comment

Looks great, love it.

Comment

Originally posted by rimsky82 View Post
                Are you looking at the right game? are you filtering the codes? Did you expand the groups?
                http://gamehacking.org/game/32753
                Okay, I see everything now. They weren't there before. Thanks.

However, there's still one other problem that I also noticed: when clicking on the letter 'E' under the NES section, I see this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	GameHacking screenshot.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	162732

There are no alphabetical listings for games before 'Eg'. I haven't checked if this problem occurs anywhere else, but thought I'd point this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by MethidMan View Post
                  Okay, I see everything now. They weren't there before. Thanks.

However, there's still one other problem that I also noticed: when clicking on the letter 'E' under the NES section, I see this:

There are no alphabetical listings for games before 'Eg'. I haven't checked if this problem occurs anywhere else, but thought I'd point this one out.
                  because you need check mark "Hacks" and with zero codes on the left column
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by lee4; 07-20-2015, 01:00:15 PM.
                  lee4 Does Not Accept Codes Requests !
                  When lee4 asks a question it does not mean lee4 will look at your game
                  *How to create and use SegaCD codes >click here<*
                  >)

Comment

I LIKE this new look! And everything worx for me. So far, probs such as Methidman had can be resolved with a little tweaking.
                    I come from a smart family...In the Civil War, my great-grandpa fought for the WEST.

Comment

Simple view?

The old layout had a simple view option that made it easy to display all codes with a single click. Does the new layout have an equivalent or any sort of expand all option, and if not could it be added?

Comment

So the new layout ain't printer friendly then? That's a major bummer. I used to print code pages.

Comment

i like it being easier on handhelds. great job

Comment

The major gipe i have is the inability to go up a level on boards and threads via a tiered link up at the top of a page. use to be that you had Mainboard > sub board > (optional sub board) > thread.

This meant that if i was in Mainboard > Lounge > thread i could easly get back to the Lounge board without having to fiddle my way back to either the home page or hitting the back button which i nuked on some machines due to screen real estate being precious.

Thats my biggest gripe about the Forum and really why i dont come back to the site much anymore. it is too obnoxious for me to maneuver around compared to the way it was before.

Edit: let me post a picture of the current page and where the old tiered set up use to be, Yet on this exact page. I dont know if i have a screenshot of the old VB.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by MIR; 02-19-2016, 03:24:13 PM.
                            Cant stand the 32 bit and above gaming.
                            Gamers for the return of 2d sprite filled games!

Comment

LB asked me to remove the bread crumbs. I'm not sure why, but there are times when I don't care enough to ask questions, I just do it.

The breadcrumbs take up more room than a little back button. You can also use the backspace key in most browsers to go back.

Comment

Working...
                              X